Friday, March 9, 2012

Turning a T-shirt and Jeans Into An Outfit- Plus NOTD

I am so sorry that this took me so long to get up but, got overwhelmed by other blogs that I had to get up for the end of the month & I had a family issue that I had to help with!
Anyway, on to the post.
Most of the time, I don't really want to think about what I'm going to be wearing. I just want to get dressed & get on with my day. (of course this doesn't apply to when I'm going to the club, that's my super fun fantasy dress up time!) However, I don't want to look like a slob or like I have no style simply because I'm only running errands.
After years of being a t-shirt & jeans girl, I have found the perfect formula for making it look like a pulled together stylish outfit. 
*This mostly applies to the fall & spring months where it's chilly but not cold.*

My bird dish! I keep a necklace (not pictured), 2 rings, a bracelet, & a simple pair of studs in here. These items go with everything & it keeps me from digging through my jewelry box trying to find something to go with my outfit. I can just grab & go.

Find a pair of boots that are a dark grey & have a fold down cuff with some sort of pattern or detail. Having them in a deep grey will allow them to go with black, grey, or blue jeans. The fold down cuff will add a bit of style & flair. Never wear tennis shoes, they just look sloppy. These boots are just as comfortable & easy to slip on but, keep the outfit looking pulled together.

Hat's are a great way to add a bit of flair to your outfit. They also help make half done, messy hair look fabulous! All you need to do is add a bit of texturizer to your hair from the day before, throw a hat on, & you're good to go. I like these floppy beret style hats but, it works with pretty much any style. (I have a tiny head so, I wear a little bow clip to keep the hat on)


Layering is your best friend when it comes to this type of a look! A neutral toned shirt with a pop of color in an undershirt will help keep it toned down & easy to throw on but not boring & plain. Layering a thin hoodie & thin leather jacket will help keep you warm & make the outfit seem like you put thought into it. I keep these 2 hanging together in my closet so I can just grab them quickly.



I love scarfs! They really are the finishing touch to this type of outfit. I have 3 that I really like & go with anything I throw on. My big, bulky black infinity scarf. A thin, animal print in grey. And my new super long, thin cream colored scarf. For slightly warmer months you can throw on a thin, sheer, patterned scarf instead. I keep these 3 in a fabric bin so I can easily just grab whichever one I feel like that day.

Here is the completed look. By keeping certain essentials out & toning down with a neutral color scheme I can just throw this on & be out the door but, it looks like a complete outfit. For me, it's just as comfortable as yoga pants & a hoodie but looks pulled together & keeps with my style.


NOTD!

Sinful Colors Neptune (2coats) 
Sally Hansen HD in Byte (2coats) 
Sinful Colors in Daredevil (1coat as a base for Byte)



(please ignore the awful ugly burn mark that's healing on my finger)
I love the blue mirrored shine that the pink gives to the blue.
Thanks Matt, for picking out these colors. He's the only boy I know that will look at 20 different pinks to find the perfect one!
I love this combination!

Hope this helps some of you when you are looking for a quick outfit to throw together!

No comments:

Post a Comment