Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day Looks: Smokey Green & Irish Pin-Up

I wanted to do 2 looks for St. Patty's Day this year. I wanted one that was more of the traditional look that I do everyday but in greens & one that was bright & more of a spring time look.
I almost never where green but always love it so much when I do it for a tutorial. I really think that it is a highly under rated eyeshadow color. I just always seem to forget about it for some reason.
The first look I wanted to do was a sparkly, smokier look. Something more based on the type of look that I wear everyday. I wanted something that had a big range of different greens & a bit of shimmering gold too.
I am really happy with how this came out (both with & without the black). It's a great way to make a brighter, bolder color more wearable.
Products Used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
Rimmel Exaggerate Liner in Noir
Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
Sleek Caribbean Collection Curacao Palette
Sleek Original Palette
Stila Smudge Stick in Peacock
Real Techniques  Accent Brush
ELF Eye Transformer Palette
Rimmel Soft Kohl in Jet Black
Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara
Gotta B' Urban Powder Brush
Ulta Cheek Color in Heartbreaker
Prestige Lipliner in Love
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose
Maybelline Lipstick in Make Me Pink

I wanted the second look to be more of a spring green styled look. Something brightening & light. As soon as I saw the WNW trio, I knew it was perfect. I decided to go with a pin-up styled look so I could keep the lips a brighter color. The highlight shade is amazingly beautiful & adds so much to anything it's paired with. 
Products Used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
Wet N Wild I Dream of Greenie trio
Studio Tools Crease Brush
Sephora Eye Crayon in #505
(this is no longer available but, you can use any light shimmering eyeliner)
Physicians Formula 2in1 Eye Booster Liner in Ultra Black
Real Techniques Accent Brush
Physicians Formula  Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner in Glam Green Eyes
Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara
Gotta B' Urban Powder Brush
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Pinch O' Pink
ELF Studio Blush Brush
Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten
Sephora Nano Lipliner in Pinup Pink
CoverGirl Lipstick in Divine
Loreal Infallible Lipgloss in Bloom

I hope that you liked these Irish green inspired looks. I think that all of us should give our green eyeshadow's a little more use, I know that I defiantly need to!
Please go onto my Facebook page & vote for which Lady's Of The 80's Looks you would like to see first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment