Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harley Quinn Nails & Makeup Look


When I fist though of doing a comic book series the first girl to come to mind was Miss Harley Quinn. She is a terrible force to be reckoned with but, always has fun & enjoys every second of it. She is playful & full of spunk too. And her love for The Joker is absolutely timeless.
Enough chit-chat over how amazing this girl is.

When I was planning out my tutorial, I thought that I needed to do something with my nails to keep up with the look (because you girl see so much of my hands & Quinn would never be seen with bright pink digits). I almost immediately thought of her diamond shaped pattern on her body suit & thought that it would be fairly simple to recreate on my nails.
I figured I would film a tutorial (seeing as how I was going to do my nails anyway) & see how it turned out.
Now this is not the best tutorial out there but, I hope that it gives you an idea of what I was trying to accomplish & you understand that I kind of suck at nail art.
Products Used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in Black Out
Standard Scotch Tape
China Glaze polish in Ruby Slippers (looking back, I might have put a 
standard red underneath this so that the pattern was more visible)
Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Red (I didn't care for this too much & 
would rather have gone with some sort of script brush)
Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black
Wet N Wild Fast Dry Clear Coat (any top coat works just fine)

For Harley's makeup I really wanted to keep the essence of her, without making it look like a costume. I decided I wanted to keep the design of her mask but, make it slightly more wearable. I also had to keep the style of her beautiful smile, lining my lips in a way to emulate her perma-grin. I hope you girls enjoy!


Products Used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Real Techniques Pixel-Point Eyeliner brush
Wet N Wild Palette in Blue Had Me At Hello (bottom left)- any medium grade matte black will work
ELF Eyeshadow C brush- this is the best brush I have found for doing this type of look, it needs to be flat & dense & not too big or small
High Definition Concealer brush
Maybelline Dream Mouse Concealer- I like thins concealer for touching up because it is very dry & won't smear or completely erase what you've done
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush
Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in Noir
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Black Dog from The Black Palette- any highly pigmented black will work
Rimmel Kohl eyeliner in Jet Black
Maybelline One by One Mascara
High Definition Angled brush
NYC Cheek Glow in Cherry Blossom
Sephora Retractable lipliner in Raspberry
Loreal Infallible Lipcolor in Cerise
Cookie & Puss Liquid Sparkle- I bought this a very long time ago from a local shop & I have never bought another red glitter because I have this one but, feel free to comment below with a good red glitter to use instead of this one.

I hope that you enjoyed this look. I tried to keep it true to Harley but still wearable (or at least what I consider wearable!)

2 comments: