Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Perfect Everyday Smokey Rocker Eye Tutorial

It's time for my first tutorial!!! YAY! This has been a requested look & my staple everyday look. I tried to explain everything well but, if you have any questions feel free to ask me. This look is completely adaptable to your taste & style. If you feel the colors are a little dark, you can use lighter versions of them. I will be doing a series of short tutorials on how to add color & adapt this basic eyeshadow look as well.



Products Used:

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir- This is my favorite upper lash line eyeliner because you can smudge it out without it smearing everywhere or disappearing.
Sephora Flat Smudger Brush- Studio Tools also makes a good one just check the stiffness of the individual brush before you buy.
Ulta Professional Potted Eye Primer- Make sure to use a eyeshadow primer, not a base!
Studio Tools Crease Brush- The perfect dense blending brush. Plus it's slightly pointed which helps.
Palladio Baked Eyeshadow in Gun Metal- My favorite eyeshadow for above the crease.
Ulta Eyeshadow in Granite- Any slightly darker eyeshadow will work.
Covergirl Eyeshadow Single in Shimmering Onyx- Any soft black to really dark gray. I also like NYX Ultamite Pearl Shadow in Black Pearl or Essence Colour & Shine in Pretty Rockin' for a little bit of shimmer.
Generic Fluffy Flat Shader Brush
CQ Eyeshadow Single in Champagne- Sold at Walmart, I like this one because it gives a very sheer wash & not too much color or shimmer that will look unnatural.
Forever 21 Angled Eyeshadow Brush- The perfect flat brush with a little bit of width to it. They come in the 5 piece brush sets that are in the plastic pouches.
Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black- Smooth but doesn't smear.
Covergirl Lashblash Fusion in Very Black- The perfect base maskara. It defines & adds volume.
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies in Blackest Black- Adds the perfect amount of thick volume to the outer corners.
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip- Perfect highlighter to brighten around the eyes. I only use the top 3 strips of color on this.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first tutorial!
I hope that there will be many more to come soon.
If you have any looks you would like to see, leave me a message!

1 comment:

  1. Great look. It is a very wearable smokey black look. Thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete